Friday, April 11, 2014

Lolly maths - creating 3D shapes




TEAMWORK


Alyssa and Aaron's 3D cube


William and Josie work on their cube


Lanie and Te Aroha's square pyramid


Triangular prism

Hexagonal pyramid
Pentagonal pyramid
We are learning about 3D shapes so today Mrs O brought along some lollies and toothpicks and we had to use these to make 3D shapes.  The lollies were the corners and the toothpicks were the edges.  Sometimes the toothpicks snapped so we had to work with a buddy to create our shapes.

WE LOVED our maths today!!!


Clifton and Samara's long triangular prism
"I really loved experimenting with the lollies and toothpicks" - Toby
"I liked it when we made the shapes together" - Isla
"I liked scoffing the lollies into my mouth at the end" - Lanie
"I liked working with a buddy because then we could both figure out ideas and work together" - Alyssa
"I liked to join them up because it was sticky and fun" - Charlotte
"Everyone was having fun and helping each other out" - William
\"Experimenting how the shapes join was fun" - Josie
"We were learning because we were making 3D shapes" - Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment