Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fabulous recounts

Sit back, relax and enjoy reading some of Room 4's amazing recounts.  
To read the Year 4's recounts, please click on their individual blogs (see right hand side bar).

Perfect Christmas
Presents, Christmas tree, stockings. Everything we need for a perfect Christmas. Wait a minute! Where’s my family? We can’t have a perfect Christmas without people.  I sprinted to Mum and Dad’s room. “Christmas, Christmas,   Christmas“ I sang cheerfully, jumping on Mum and Dad’s bed. “Toby, Katie and Emily are still asleep, now be quiet you’ll wake them up” and just like that they came charging in. Dad complained “Ok kids  let's get up and have breakfast.” So that is what we did. Finally Nana, Grandad, Keryn and David all got up. That meant
present time …
2 minutes later paper was flying through the air. Mum demanded “I’ve had enough!” so we had to do it one at a time, which took forever but it was still exciting   to see  what the others got. Then it was my turn again. I started to tear and tear and tear. It was my very own Holly Webb book. It looked like a very fun day ahead of me.   

Anna

           Frisky Kitten
Wet,cold,raining. I was soaked from head to toe COVERED in rain! I could hardly breathe,let alone talk. I was SO excited! Nan,Mum,and I were at the S.P.C.A. to get a kitten of my own! “So what are you going to call it?” Nan asked excitedly “MOSSY” I said immediately. “Well lets get inside then its freezing out here!” As soon as we opened the door warm air wafted into our faces.

Nobody knew we were at the door, only an inviting little puppy barked as we walked in. It was so cute I wanted to pick it up and take it home with me! When we got into the cats and kittens area all of them went back to sleep or only stirred, except for two little kittens right in the corner of the room. I told Mum that those were the ones that I wanted
but she sadly said that I was only allowed to get one, so I got the boy! I clutched the cat carrier and ran to the car,
sad to be leaving the girl behind, but still I couldn't wait to get home!
Imogen

Rendered Image
I was off. Up, down, up, down. I was in the air. Then I landed. I was coming around the  corners, then I was straight, then I wasn't. I could see the bog up ahead . Next thing  I was in the bog of death.  I was getting  deeper  and deeper in the mud. I was struggling to get out. I could see the mud rising  closer and closer  to my feet. One km to go. I was wondering if I would survive or not. Luckily I did. I was out. Then I was in the slippy slidey. I stopped  and thought ‘Will I make it or won't I make it?’. I revved my  motorbike and I was off into the slippy slidey. Slip, slide, slip, slide. I was losing control. I couldn't steer. Crash!  I fell into a thistle  bush. Ow prickles everywhere.  Ouch.  
Aaron 

WELCOME 2014
BANG, BANG, BANG! Fireworks shot  up into the air like missiles .We  started to count down… 10..9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1…

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!”

The view was spectacular. Red, orange and purple shot up into the air.A warm feeling hit me at the beautiful sight. It looked like lights flickering on and off, over and over again.

Vance (the person that was in control of the fireworks) cheerfully said “You want some more?” We all screamed”YES!”  Then more rockets  shot up into the sky. They looked like darts whistling through the air

All again wonders started. My eyes burned from the sight. One after another, fireworks darted into the air. One after another we all screamed, “Yay!”

This would probably be one of my most memorable moments in my life. 2014, New Years fireworks, in Hampden!!
BRYCE

1 comment: