Friday, August 26, 2016

BFG by Roald Dahl - Book Review

The BFG - By Roald Dahl
Illustrated by Quentin Blake

This is a story about a big friendly giant and his little friend called Sophie. In Giant Country there are nine nasty giants who like to feast on human beans. Sophie and the BFG hatch a plan to save the children from being eaten. 
We would recommend this story for children aged 7 - 14 years. 
It was an excellent book to read aloud to a class. We are Year 3 & 4 students and we loved it. 

"I liked the end when all of the giants got captured." - Madison, Caitlyn & Emily
"I liked how the BFG saved the kids." - Nick & Lochie
"I liked that no one got hurt in the end" - Angus
"I liked it when they met the Queen." Katie, Kade, Luca, Oranje, Floyd and Ava
"I liked it when the BFG and Sophie met inside the BFG's cave" - Archie
"I liked it when the BFG did a WHIZZPOPPER in front of the Queen." - Amelia
"I liked it when the BFG fed the giants SNOZZCUMBERS" - Logan
"I liked it when Sophie met the BFG." - Grace and Aria
"I liked it when they gave the Giant a TROGGLEHUMPER while he was sleeping." - Olive
"I liked the way the BFG muddled up his sayings and words all the time." - Mrs May

2 comments:

  1. I like how you spell all the words right and I like the photo you added.
    From Aria

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all loved this book and the movie is just as great and the whizzpopper part is really cool even the dogs go farting across the floor

    ReplyDelete