Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Book Review - Mr Stink


Mr Stink - by David Walliams

This is a really funny book that would be enjoyed from 7 years to 100!
12 year old Chloe becomes friend with a homeless man called Mr Stink.  He smells so bad that it is unbearable and off the scale. 
Chloe decides to invite Mr Stink to live in the shed in her garden, and all sorts of crazy things happen as a result. 
We read this class aloud in our Year 3 & 4 class and it was an absolute hit!!

Some of our favourite parts of the book were:
"I liked when Chloe was rude to the Prime Minister" - Issy, KC, Skye & Liv
"My favourite part was when Chloe met Mr Stink" - Katie & Annabelle
"I liked the bit when Chloe's mother gave her the exercise book with the story in"  - Emily
"It was funny when Mrs Crumb cried" - Angus & Nick
"It was funny when Elizabeth the cat got blown around the yard and landed in the pond" - Archie, Austin, Aria, Jess, Oscar & Chloe
"I liked the bit when Chloe got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stationary set" - Olive & Addy
"I loved it when Mr Stink told Chloe about his sad story" - Oranje & Charlotte
"I liked it at the end when they were talking about the stars" - Hannah
"I liked it when Mr Stink took a bath in the pond, and so did Duchess, and Duchess turned out to be a white dog!" - Mrs May, Ava & Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment