Tuesday, August 7, 2018

City of Ember - Book Review

This is the story of a boy and a girl who live in the City of Ember. Their city is dark and they are starting to have black-outs, where their electricity stops working for minutes at a time. Lina and Doon are worried for the future of their city, and they start to look for solutions. 
This is a terrific book to read, with lots of adventures. We would recommend this book for anyone aged 7+. As soon as we finished reading it, we wanted to start reading the next book.

"I liked it on the day when the school kids got their jobs (assignment day)" - Eve, Livvy and Mared
"I liked it when the special box was found with the instructions" - Osian, Annabelle, Mared and Cassidy
"I liked the bit when the lights went off and Lina couldn't find her baby sister, Poppy" - Briar and Eve
"I liked all of the blackouts" - Sam
"It was funny when Poppy ate the instructions" - Willis, Heath, Cassidy, Skye and Harvey
"I really liked when Lina was caught by the chief guard" - Harvey, Alec and Ned
"I liked the bit when Doon and Lina saw the fox," - Addy, Jess, KC, Hannah and Oscar
"I liked the bit when Lina and Doon found what they needed to begin their exit" - Austin
"I liked it when they ate their first plum," - Cassidy

"I really liked it when the class started making connections in the story, and everything started to make sense as the puzzle came together." - Mrs May

No comments:

Post a Comment