Friday, July 27, 2012

Massive wave five minute 'Quick Write'


Oh no!  A massive wave lumbers over a surfer.  I can not see him. Where has he gone?  As I scribble down on my piece of paper I see a head pop out of the water like a stalk.  “Thank goodness” I say to myself.  What am I going to report on now?  -
Abby


Ahhhh! My heart beats really fast.  I say to myself, ‘Can I make it to the sand before the wave hits me?’  I get closer and closer to the sand.  My heart beats faster and faster.  Phew, I make it!  I was two kilometres away from the other surfers.  I win the first ever gold medal in the Olympics .  - Kate

Oh no, a massive wave is coming.  What can we do?  CRASH!  He’s gone.  I can’t see the surfer, he’s disappeared.  “Get the BP boats and search for him.”  10 minutes later they come back but they can not find the surfer.  “Wow,” they all scream, “he’s on the beach.” - Jay



The pale dark wave rolled up like a burrito.  The dark sky blended into the wave so I didn’t know where or when the wave would hit me.  Everything was going through my head so I couldn’t think where to run.  Then I heard a loud splash.... - Lucy W

Oh no!  A big wave is going to land on my friend.  What do I do?  My friend finally got out of the water and he said.... “Never make me go out in the water again.” - Emma
A wave pops out of nowhere and crashes along the rocks.  I will not give up.  I have always wanted to be someone and now I can.  I go up to the wave, down to the ground.  That wasn’t too hard I think as I walk to shore.  – George

“Wow, that is a massive wave!  That guy is going to be soaked and so am I.  Oh no, that poor person.  He is going to drown.”
“No he isn’t going to drown you idiot.”  - Hamish

I see a big massive wave looming over my friend.  Oh no, his paddle has gone and his board.  Now he has gone. Phew!  His head pops out of the water.  Then he swims to get his paddle and board.  “Gosh, you alright?”  
“No, I’m not.  A rock cut me really bad.”
“I’ll take you to the doctor.”  - Rubie


No comments:

Post a Comment