Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gymfest 2013

 On Tuesday 19th September we took a team of 24 gymnasts to the South Otago Gymfest competition at the South Otago Recreation Centre.
 Four teams competed in the women's artistic event and one team competed in the group display event.
 All teams competed exceptionally well, accumulating scores in the beam, floor and vault routines. Scores were then averaged for the team and certificates were awarded.

 We were very proud of everyone who competed, as many long hours had been spent practising in the weeks leading up, and these efforts were rewarded when Lawrence won the Conduct Cup for the event.
 We would like to thank Maria Jopp and Sally Benington for all of their help with the preparation for the event.

5 comments:

  1. WOW gymnasts and cheerleaderes - you did so well! All those practices were worth it. Congratulations to you all for your fine efforts and HUGE thumbs up for winning the conduct cup. That's a terrific team effort. So proud of you all (and Mrs May for her organising). Fabulous photos too! Hopefully next year I can come and watch.
    My question for you is: Do you think you would like to enter again? Why/why not? (Mrs O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lawrence we got the conduct cup thats just brilliant.I wish i was there bit I wasn't able to make it because I have a sore foot.I do hope i can do it next year.Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Mrs o i would like to enter next year because its is my 2nd best sport.well done everyone we really worked hard for that cup.lucie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs O,
    I would really like to enter gymfest again beacause it's really fun and cool expariance for us and it's good to get out of the class once and a while!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really like to enter again because it is really fun and it is my favourite sport in the world and it is good that some boys did it this year. Abby

    ReplyDelete