Thursday, March 2, 2017

Frindle - Book Review

Frindle is a wonderful story written by Andrew Clements.
It is the story of 5th Grader Nick Allen, who likes to create a small amount of mischief. His teacher Mrs Granger loves the dictionary and loves words. 
Nick decides to challenge how words are made and he creates a new word...watch what happens as this word takes off!
We would recommend this book for children aged 7 and up. This was a terrific story to read aloud in our Year 3 & 4 class. 

"I liked it when he got money when he was older." - Oranje and Emily
"I liked when he received the letter from Mrs Granger at the end." Angus
"I thought it was cool when he turned his classroom into Hawaii." - Archie
"I liked the bit where Nick thought about what he has said when he was a baby." Olive
"I liked it when he created the word Frindle" - Annabelle, Ava and Issy
"My favourite part was at the start when he did all the naughty things in the classroom." - Danni
"I liked the part when he gets the package at the end," - Austin
"I liked it when the whole school had to stay at the principal's office for detention," - Nick and Oscar
"I liked it when they held up their pens in the 5th Grade class photo," Jess, Skye, Hannah, KC,  and Chloe
"I liked it when Mr Allen and Bud Lawrence decided that Nick shouldn't know about the money that was going into his account," Katie
"I liked it when all the news people came along and interviewed Nick about the new word," - Grace and Addy





No comments:

Post a Comment