Friday, March 31, 2017

Book Review - George's Marvelous Medicine

This is a story by Roald Dahl.
This is a story about a little boy called George who was left at home one afternoon with his grizzly, grouchy grandma to look after him. 
He decided to make a medicine to teach the horrible old woman a lesson. He went around his house collecting up ingredients and putting them into a big saucepan. He added everything he could find.
Then he gave the medicine to his grumpy old granny...the results were hilarious!!!!
This book would be enjoyed by kids aged 5 years and up. Even old teachers like this story. It is lots of fun to read aloud to a class. 

"I liked when he added animal pills to the mixture." Hannah, Addy, KC and Ava
"I liked when he added the gin," - Archie and Oranje
"I liked it when George was giving the medicine to his Grandma and how she reacted." - Annabelle, Olive, Chloe, Olivia, Jess, Issy, Austin, Danni, Skye and Oscar.
"I liked it when he was adding all of the ingredients." - Angus
"I liked it when the Grandma went taller and taller and she went through the roof." - Grace and Nick
"I liked it when Grandma got smaller." - Katie and Emily 
"I liked it when the hen went massive and his Dad siad it would lay one egg to feed heaps of people," - Aria



No comments:

Post a Comment