Monday, September 10, 2012

Mrs May and the Huntsman Spider


While Mrs May was away she had an 'encounter' with a huntsman. She showed us the photo of the spider and then we had to write a 'quickwrite' where we guessed at what might have happened to Mrs May.There were lots of suggestions so we have selected a few to share with you.....

“La, da, da, de, da. AHHHHHHH!” I, I, I, I screamed, horrified, my heart pounding as fast as a rocket jet. A spider, a spider that could put me in a hospital. I better take a look and get some notes. It takes up a quarter of the brick. I’m busy examining it, then suddenly...Ouch, I pass out!!!!
Lucy W

Ahh! I scream as a huntsman spider crawls on my arm. ‘Ok, stay still.’ I think I’ll grab a piece of paper and slip it under the spider. I got the spider off and the spider lived happily ever after.
William

A spider jumps off one brick to another brick, then finally to the ground. Teeth ready, all eight arms ready. Mrs May walks along the grass. She does not see it. It leaps up on her arm. It creeps away slowly while Mrs May stays in pain. It was the bite of a huntsman.
George

As I walk into my brother Mark’s house I say to him,
“Is that a hunstman?”
“Yes” he said, then...
Rubie

The spider climbed up the wall and turned to face me.
“Is it poisonous?” I asked.
“No,” came the reply, “but it has a fierce bite,” he said.
“Ow!” I shouted.
“I should have told you before you did that.”
Lucie

As I place my hand on the wall I feel a pain in my hand. I slowly take my hand off the wall and there I see a huntsman spider. It’s crawling around the walls.
“Ahhh,” I say in fright. I step back, back, far away from the spider. I wish I never, ever meet a spider like that again. What a scary day.
Connie


Mum was walking outside and there was a huntsman spider.
“Ahhhh!” she screamed in terror. With that scream, Uncle Mark raced through the door, grabbed the brick and quickly flipped it onto the other side, squashing the spider.
“Thank God,” said Mum. Uncle Mark just smiled.

Rylee

PLOP! Something dropped squarely on top of my head, then it tumbled down toward my forehead. It trickled down my fringe then dropped to the ground, where it lay writhing in the pain of its fall. I looked down to see what it was that had fallen from the door frame onto my head. My jaw dropped open as I stared at the ground, horrified. Lying at my feet, with its 8 long, spindly legs squirming, was a large, grey huntsman spider. My heart skipped a beat as I tried to remain outwardly calm. Inwardly I was screaming a thousand screams. It took every ounce of self restraint not to squash the spider with my foot.
Mrs May

No comments:

Post a Comment