Saturday, August 11, 2012

James Hargest High School band performs

Lawrence Area School was treated to an amazing performance by the visiting James Hargest High School band on Friday.  Room 4 students were amazed and inspired by these students who showed great musical talents.  We were especially interested to find out what each of the instruments was called and how they sounded when played on their own.  Can you find the following instruments....
bassoon, oboe, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, flute, tuba, saxophone, tenor horn, euphonium, drums, glockenspiel, timpani, bass drum, bass guitar, electric guitar, mirimba...
We hope they visit and play for us again in the future.


“That was something!” – Alex
“It’s amazing how they can use so many instruments to make one piece of music”- Rylee
“I wish I was still there” – George
“I’m really inspired by the man who played the drums.  I’d like to play the drums like him” – Mac
“I was inspired by the youngest band member” – Paris
“I liked the flutes.  They were nice and soft” – Connie
“I like the tune of the saxophone and flutes” – Lucy W
“It blew my eardrums out!” –Regen
“I liked how they combined lots of tunes together like in the Lion King” – Jenaya
“It was so loud I almost exploded” –Jay
“I really like the four big drums.  They were really loud.  I’d like to learn to play them so I could annoy my brother” – William

“I like how they started quietly and then it went really loud” – Lucy S
“The electric guitars had a nice tune” – Abby
“I liked the electric guitars” – Max
“The Simpsons tune on the xylophone was cool” – Emma
“I wish that I could play flute” – Jessica
“I liked how they could change their volume from loud to soft” – Hamish
“They persuaded me that I would like to play the flute rather than the recorder” – Rubie
“I like how they had determination on their faces when they were playing” – Lucie
“It was great when they stood up individually and introduced their instruments” – Connie
“It was cool how we could visualise and get a picture in our heads when they were playing” – George

2 comments:

  1. Wow Room 4, it sounds like you have been truly inspired by the James Hargest Band. It is wonderful to have an opportunity to see a group that 'strive to excel' in music. You can see that determination, courage, inspiration, equality, friendship, respect and excellence are values held equally high by this muscical group as by Olympic athletes. These values are key to all successful performances...sports, music...dance...you name it! Glad to see you all loved it!! Mrs May

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I YI YI IT BLEW EAR DRUMS OUT BUT STILL FANTASTIC!LucyW

    ReplyDelete