Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rock climbing - Quick Writes

I cling to my rope even though it’s going to snap.  When I walk upside down that’s when the crackling starts.  The crackling sounds like sausages in a pan.  Suddenly..... snap goes the rope as I dangle from the rope above me.  “Oh no!” I shout.  Am I going to fall into the deep water?  - Abby

As I am climbing down the rocks I can hear waves crashing into the rocks.  Down below all I can see are rocks and waves.  The rocks are sharp and sticky.  I feel a little bit nervous climbing down into a cave full of rock but I have to if I want to rock dive.  I have a guide rope and a backpack.  -  Jay

All I can hear is my voice echoing in my head.  Moss and slime is all I can feel.  I feel like I can do anything, like jump off the Eiffel Tower, but I’m here in NZ climbing to jump off the top of the rock... – Alex

Rock diving - I cling on to an enormous rock and I say “Woohoo”.  I so want to do that again.  And I do it again and again and again.  I feel like I’m at the top of the world.  What a life!  - George

My legs are wobbly like jelly.  I look down and then I say to myself “Don’t look down”...  I keep on going. I slowly pull myself up across the rope.  I look at the ocean with lovely water flowing.  I look down at my buddy.... – Connie

I was holding my breath, gasping, holding on to the rope with all my strength, pulling myself to the top.  The sharp rock cut my rope just above my legs so I had no rope to get down.  That’s the least of my problems.  My little sister’s screaming at me while I cling on desperately.  Then suddenly my rope snaps... – Rylee

As I go gently back and forth, something goes plop and makes a splash, also ripples.  It sort of tickled me like a bee as the ripples went out, out, out!  I wonder if he floats back up?  And he did!!  - Lucie


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your quick writes room 4. I am loving that fact that your writing is improving every time I log onto your blog and read.

    ReplyDelete