Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympics Quick Write


Heart  pumping, bones crunching, breath leaves me as fast as a rocket.  I put my arm around my partner and say “Go do it. You can run faster than anyone else.  You can get that gold medal.” – George
My heart beats fast as I look at the scoreboard as the teams get changed around.  My eyes are stuck on the top of the scoreboard to see who comes first.  New Zealand comes first.  We have come from 3rd to first and the NZ flag raises up high.  – Kate
Yes, yes, yes!  We have won all of our games Sis.  NZ look up at the scoreboard.  My heart is pounding.  500 points.  Yes!!  We have made it.  – Regen
Run, run, puff, puff!  “And here they go, 1000 metres.  Oh no, one of the Great Britain runners has done something to her foot.  Hang on, another Great Britain runner has stopped and helped.  I wonder if they get a medal even though they are hurt?”  - Lucie
I fly across the finish line.  Both are from Great Britain.  I think the woman on the left came 1st.  The woman on the right came 2nd...  – Max
As I watch our flag go up, the British national anthem fills the whole stadium.  People cheer encouragement.  My heart is pumping very fast like a jet boat. – Connie
So here we are.  We stare at the scoreboard, then the time.  “Wait, look at the world record time.  It’s 12 seconds.  Look at our time.  9 seconds.  Yes we’ve beaten the world record and the Olympic record.” – William

No comments:

Post a Comment