Monday, August 6, 2012

Photo finish Quick Write


I’m watching the NZ cyclist.  He’s ahead.  “YES!  NEW ZEALAND HAS JUST WON A GOLD MEDAL!!! YES!”  Now the after party is going to be awesome.  There’s going to be champagne, dinner and a show.  All the New Zealanders will be there.  – Alex
Vroom!! The Italian sped forward as the New Zealander catches up.  The line is 400m ahead of both of them.  The two cyclists get closer and closer and closer to the line...  “BOO!” everyone shouts as the Italian passes the line just before the New Zealander.  My heart pounded in anger.  – Mac
I am at the Olympics.  “3, 2, 1, go!”  I’m riding my bike in the final.  I am so close to winning.  CRASH!  BANG!  We cross the finish line.  But we don’t know who won.  The winner is NZ number 59.  Yes, I won the gold medal!  - Jay
As me, my owner, the bike and it’s owner battle the last few millimetres, crowds cheer and scream.  I decide to go faster.  Woosh -  I zoom ahead.  Too bad I have to be in the transition area when my owner is on the podium with a gold medal around his neck and flowers in his hand while the national anthem plays.  Wait, they’re saying the other bike came first.  – Rylee
“That has to be a tie.  Let’s watch the replay.  Will New Zealand win or will Canada win?  Who knows.  New Zealand wins a gold medal.”  - Hamish
“Go, go, go” screamed my mother.  ‘I can do this’ I breathed silently to myself.  Someone on the other team is coming up...fast!  I pedal as fast as I can.  We both pedal our hearts out until we cross the finish line at the same time.  I get the gold medal.  The other man got silver.  “Yah, I won.” – Abby
Bang! The time has started.  My heart is pounding and my legs are doing their job.  I’m wobbling left and a bit to the right but I don’t fall off. I’m nervous.  I’m nearly at the finish line.  My tyre’s on the line.  Yay, I got the golden medal.  – Jessica
My heart pounds as my friend and I are at the finish line.  His bike is starting to wobble.  Great, now is my chance.  Can I do it? I’m blimmin sure I can do this.  Guess what medal I got?  - Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment