Sunday, March 10, 2013

First Quick Write of 2013

Welcome to our first Quick Write for 2013.  During 'Quick Write' we write in silence for 5 minutes, interpreting a picture any way that we choose.  We try to remember to put into practice all of the things that we have been learning about in our normal classroom writing programme.   Which one appeals to you the most?  Who has made great choices of descriptive language?

Ouch.  Who did that?  Someone just pushed me over and then I could feel a really strong pain in my hand.  In my weak eyesight I could see someone running away from me.  – Samara

I go to the beach and see this person chasing a scorpion across the ground.  The sand came straight to me and then it went on my brother’s shirt and it stuck to it cause he was wet.  – Hamish

Oh what a perfect day.  The sun is shining and the volleyball game is on.  What the heck is that man doing?  He is diving just like he is swimming, so I reported on him.  – Toby

We were going to the beach on a school trip.  At the beach there was a bully and he was calling me names when I went to the water’s edge.  Just before I stepped in the water the bully kicked me and I went flying up into the air and came swooping down, head down buried in the sand.  I could taste the sand.  It tasted like salt but worse!  The teacher asked me why I had my head in the sand.   I just pointed!  - Abby

I skidded through the sand and I got heaps of sand all over my face.  I tasted it and it was gross.  I caught a scorpion and I got dirty on my body.  I couldn’t see with my eyes.  I tried to keep my mouth closed.  – Amber-Rose

Weeeee.  I’m going back and forth, back and forth.  I’m getting a bit dizzy but who cares.  The man takes a long shot them boom, smash, I go flying over the net.  One man tries to catch me but I was too fast.  Ha ha sucker.  – Connie

The referee shouted “LET THE BEACH BALL GAME BEGIN.”  I heard a crowd screaming.  Where was that sound coming from?  Maybe some kids are playing in the water, I thought.  Soon I realised I was lying in the middle of a beach ball game.  A man jumped on me trying to catch the ball.  OOPS that was definitely a mistake!!!   - Jessica

I just won beach volleyball.  The score was very close, it was 5-4.  As I walked over, I see a baby scorpion.  Wow.  I dive over to try and catch it.  It’s too quick.  “Hey you guys, we’re in the final.”   - Blake

Woosh.  I go face planting into the sand.  I get it in my eyes.  I get it in my mouth.  It tastes like a salty crunchie.  My feet just slide down in the sand like I am going down a water slide.  My hands try to stop it but they are so wet that they have sand all over them.  – Josie

I was lying down and then woosh, a man came flying over me headfirst and got my flash new bikini all muddy.  Sand came flying up and even more sand came flying up while the wind was blowing stronger and stronger and STRONGER.  – Alyssa

Ouch.  Alex pushed me over trying to get the rugby ball out of my hands.  One minute I was running towards the goal.  Next minute I’m going face first into the sand.  On my way down to the ground I managed to trip up Samantha and Paris.  The rest of my body goes flying to the ground.  A second later....   – Kate

I drive to the beach.  I dive in the sand.  The sand flicks in my eyes.  “I can’t find the basketball in the blimming sand.”  I’m wearing a top to support New Zealand.... – Max

Ahhhhh I’m going to get killed by this man.  The man flicked me up in the air and I got sand in his eyes.  He stood up and screamed “Owwww.”  - Paris

Oh no!  Somebody threw me in the sand and I can’t get up.  Ow, I swallowed sand.  Yuck!  Lucky I can man up because I am a man.  It’s gone in my eyes.  Ouch, it really hurts.  – Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Yay Room 4!! It is great to see that you are writing Quick Writes again this year. I love seeing your descriptive language and reading your strong vocabulary choices!!! I can't wait to read more - Mrs May

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture's you choose.Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY ROOM 4 I LKE READING THESE WITH LUCY .S THERE SO COOL !!!!!





    MEGAN !!!

    ReplyDelete