Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Old Guy Running - Quick Write



“Yay I’m coming first,” I say to myself. I run as fast as I can. There it goes. Click goes my shoulder. I can’t run. Another click. Then I get to the finish line and win. I did 200 metres. Some people are still on the first lap. - Paris

“I’m suffocating,” the man calls out breathlessly. I have done three laps, two more to go. I do not think I can even do half a lap. I start to slow down and … STOP. I can’t breathe!! The St Johns had already got me. - Lucie

I’m gonna win the race... oh no a guy speeds passed. The crowd goes wild! And then everybody passes me. I think in my head, “I won’t give up.” I crossed the finish line. Unfortunately I came last but I tried my best! - Emma

He was about to win the race but then a stick was in front of him and then BOOM he fell straight to the ground and face planted.
“Oh barnacles! I was so close,” the old man said. - Connie

Ding dong went the bell and I started to run. I watch as ten other competitors slowly pass me. I look back and see nobody behind me so I start to run faster but my old legs were too tired to carry all my weight to the finish line. One of the people watching stuck out their foot. I face planted the ground and blacked out. When I woke up I found myself lying on a hospital bed with a whole lot of people crowded around me and someone said I had come last in the 100m sprint. - Kate

1km per hour is my record, can I beat it? Probably not. I am in second place. Billions of blistering barnacles a runner flies past me like a gliding eagle … da, da, da..... - Toby

I am out of breath but I kept on running. I have to run 10km and I am coming in first place. I am only on my 6th lap and I am sweaty. I came in first place. Yay! Yay! Everyone cheers for me. Even though I am old I can still run. I ran every day for that. I made it to the finish line. - Lucy

I was at a triathlon and I saw an old man running for his life to get to the finish line. He looked like a shark or jaws was going to get him but he got to the finish line luckily and he looked happy. - Alesana

“Go, go Grandad! You can run faster than that. GO! I will buy you an ice-cream after you have run but you have to speed up a bit. Go-go Grandad! Yes, you are winning the race. YES! What a cool time Grandad.” - Jenaya

“OUCH! Why? Why? And why does this old guy have to wear me in the athletics race. And he’s running 100kms. WHAT?! I so wished I couldn’t be his best pair of shoes like my friends.
“3...2...1...Boop.”
Oh no, he’s running, he’s running. Ouch, ow, ouch and ow! Man Man a stone. Look where you’re going. Bang! Ouch you nearly knocked me out. I can see a line that says FINISH. Oh no, it’s just a mark that says you’ve finished 10km. OH NO! OUCH! - Jessica

“Run, run, run old man.”
“Stop yelling. Am I there yet? YES.”
“Congratulations sir you have run the 2 metre run. How do you feel?”
“Tired mate.” - Blake

Oh no I think I am going to collapse. Oh, and I did.
*****
All I could hear was ‘ow, ah, we, o, we, o.’
“Where am I?” the old man said faintly.
You collapsed said the St John lady... - Rubie

As an old man slipped me on his feet I do not want to run the 30m race. I’m so sore I can’t move but my master is forcing me to run further. We are in the lead. We are about to cross the finish line and we break the streamer and go to collect the trophy. Yeah! - Abby

“The old person is doing hurdles and he is coming first. I can’t believe it, a 91 year old person is coming first. This has to be a new record. Yay! He won. Oh, no he dropped to the ground.” - Hamish

When am I done? I’m in the 100 metres. Sweat is coming down my face. I am in the lead now. I only have two laps to go. The crowd is cheering for me, going
“Go Steve GO!”
One more lap to go. I’m still in the lead.
“And Steve Wither comes first!!” And the crowd says,
“Steve you rock!” - Josie

As I was running I was getting closer and closer. When I got into where the crowd was i started running faster. I counted as I passed the people 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 WOW! I’m coming in first place. I cross the finish line. The crowd starts cheering. I have run 20 kilometres. - Alyssa

“Run Dad, run,” says a girl in the crowd. Stop running so hard on me. More than one thousand people ran over the top of me. Hurry up and finish the race. - Samara

I was running as fast as could then I got very nervous and scared by everybody because they were loud. So that is why I stopped. Then he was horrified by the people because they were loud and noisy. - Amber-Rose

I am winning the race but the other man is not far behind me! I am slowing down! because I am running out of energy! I am running passed the crowd. I won! - Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff josie :) from merran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12 June, 2013

    I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

    testostrong

    ReplyDelete