Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Quick Write - Snowmobile

Our latest five minute quick writes.  Mrs O was only going to publish the very best on this blog but the Room 4 students made it just too hard to choose as there were sooooo many excellent descriptions with fantastic vocabulary choices made.  So here they all go......
I was skiing on the white, dusty snow.  It went all over me like a strong wave.  I could feel the snow tickling my throat like a tickly machine.  - Alesana

I am skidding around the corner.  I feel like I am going to fall off but I don’t.  I am only having fun.  All the snow is getting in the snowmobile because I am on the snowmobile. - Lanie

I zoom round a corner.  I do a little tiny teeny jump off the sloping berm.  Not a tiny jump, more of a ginormous jump. - Max

Aaaahhh I’m going around the corner.  I feel like I’m going to fall off.  I start leaning to a side.  I don’t want to fall but I got around.  – Paris

As I woosh around on the track in a race the trees are covered with snow  I am about to tip over and I face planted.  – Lucy

Snow flies out the back of my crawlers like a sandstorm in the Sahara.  This will be fun I think to myself.  After all  there’s no place like Canada.  - Toby

Rmmmm rmmmm.  I zoom around the snow field.  I go down tree hill which is the steepest, most coldest mountain.  1, 2, 3, go.  I zoom down like a rocketship, zip zippy.  I corner every tree but then I corner the last tree and there I fling out the snowmobile and face plant to the ground as the snowmobile rolls down the hill.  Oh oh…..  - Connie

I am zooming through the snow like I am on a surfboard or boogie board.  Then all of a sudden I crashed into a frozen icy tree.  Man I am not having another go.  Oh no here comes another snowmobile.  He closed up his eyes like snuggling into a tree like he was hiding.  - Jenaya

It’s like a winter wonderland outside this morning  There are icicles hanging from the roof tops!  Well I guess it’s time to go on a snowmobile.  VROOOM the engine roars like a lion.  Mt Everest was a good place to go snow mobiling.  OH, OH, OH, NO, NO, NO that’s NOT good.  I’m going to get told off by my mother.  I’ve crashed the mobile. OPPS!!  - Jessica

“Ahhhhh!” I say out loud as Toby turns me round the last corner of the race.  “Toby what did you do that for?” I scream out loud as the snow comes rushing to meet the side of my body.  Once we hit the ground Toby said “Well that wasn’t as bad as falling off my 16.2 h.h horse at home! – Kate

As I was turning the corner I did an enormous skid and nearly fell off except I held on tight and stayed on it.  Snow was swooping up behind me as I was turning.  – Alyssa

I am skidding around the corner and I am going to do a face plant in the snow.  Awww it really hurts but I must carry on.  There are lots of surrounding trees and they are hard to dodge.  Here comes another tree! – Ryan

Brrrmmmmm my snowmobile skidded around a corner and I just missed a tree.  Then I went skidding for miles. – Samara

It’s cold and windy at the starting gates but at least everyone is tucked up warm.  Now I look at my watch – 5 minutes before my heat.
****
The commentator calls out my heat.  I start to head over to the starting gate, feeling like an iceberg. – Lucie

I was riding so fast I couldn’t control myself.  The snow burst up at my face and I couldn’t believe that when I got snow on me.  I got colder and colder from the winds. – Amber-Rose

Wooosh!  I come around a corner and slam into the snow.  I quickly get back up and it feels like I am surfing on the water.  Snow is coming up the side flicking little flakes at me.  Trees are covered.  It looks like they are humungous flakes.  – Josie

As I jump onto my snowmobile I rev up my engine as I hear the crowd chanting.  I don’t realise that the person who always says go had said it.  I whizz around the corner.  The snow flicks onto my glasses and I can’t see!  I was surprised that I didn’t fall off like a man riding a bull!  It was even better when I came second! – Abby

“And they are off.”  I zoom around a corner.  I felt like I was surfing and a big wave crashed above me!!!! – Rubie

Vroom goes the engine on the snowmobile as it zooms around the corner.  Oh no!  He is stuck because he was going so fast that he dug into the snow.  Everyone overtook him but one person helped get him out.  As soon as he got out he was back on the track to win the race.  – Hamish

As I zoom around the corner the snow comes at my face like a wave.  Just as well I have a helmet on.  I could have crashed.  What a close one!  - Emma

After I’m done I’m going to have a hot chocolate because at the back the snow flicks up at me.  Like when you’re riding on your bike and the water flicks up at you.  – Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment