Thursday, June 14, 2012

Black and White Paintings

Our finished art works using black and white paint only!!!!
We even got to frame up our own paintings, choosing a design that we felt best show-cased our work.
Next time we paint I would like to choose my own thing to paint - Connie

Next time we paint I would like to do a whale like Kate - Abby

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is that I made different shades - Toby

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is my sky because I mixed my colours well to get grey - William

Something I could improve on is to not finish until I am happy with it - Mac

Something that I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is the way I used my fingers for the rocks - Emma

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is my penguin - how I've made it the right size - Jenaya

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is my killer whale because I think I've got the colours perfect - Rylee

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is me using finger painting on my penguin's belly - Alex

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is it is straight and big - Lucy S

When I was painting I learnt it was important not to show the background paper - Lucie

When I was painting I learnt that it was important to mix colours and to paint the same way - Paris

Next time we paint I would like to make sure that I don't put on too much paint because it goes everywhere - Rubie

Something I could improve on is painting penguins neatly.  It was tricky because they were small - Max


Something I could improve on is the body - to make the feathers look fluffy - Blake

When I was painting I learnt it was important to use a skinnier brush depending on what you were painting - Lucy W

When I was painting I learnt that it was important to keep my ideas to myself so no-one copies me - George

When I was painting I learnt that it was important to use different things, like sponges.  And to always paint with the brush one way - Kate

Something I like about my painting that I would like you to notice is that I tried not to blend my penguin head into the background - Regen

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14 June, 2012

    Room 4, you paintings are amazing!!! I love them all and I particularly like you very thoughtful comments. It is difficult to believe that you only had black and white paint to work with. You have mixed the two colours to create an incredible variety of shades. I also really like the different textures you have created by using different tools! you really are a very talented bunch of kids, thank you for decorating our classroom with such fabulous pieces of art! - Mrs May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous15 June, 2012

      Thank you very much you are the best teachers!!!!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous16 June, 2012

    Thank you Mrs May for the comment on your black and white paintings and I just want to say Room 4 paintings are the best!!
    lucie cummings

    ReplyDelete