Friday, June 8, 2012

Roller Coaster Quick Write


Today Room 4 students went to the fun park and had a front seat ride in a roller coaster hurtling along the tracks!!!!
Check out our five minute Quick Writes after we calmed our nerves and got off the roller coaster.



As I walk over to the roller coaster my heart pounds.  Please don’t say next but it was too late, we were off.  A minute later it starts to get bumpy.  Two minutes later... haa that was not bad after all.  - Blake

“AAAhhhhh” I say out loud.  It’s so loud and it shakes a  lot.  I wish I was everywhere just not here.  I feel the bars shaking.  My tummy feels like big monsters rolling around. I can barely talk because the roller coaster is going so fast.  Every time I try to talk I always get scared.  - Connie

As I get ready I rummage through my bag and find my camera, then some cellotape.  I strap the camera to my head with the cellotape.  I pull down the bar and cling onto it like my hands are stuck.  I hesitate for a moment.  I wonder what it would be like.  The roller coaster starts to move.  I hold onto the bar even tighter..... We slowly move up the hill....   Mac

“Ahhhh!” I scream as I go down the really steep track.  I scream really loud and I get butterflies in my stomach.  I said to the man controlling the roller coaster “Is there any more steep parts?”  And the answer to that was “No.”  As we go around all the twists and turns I say to myself “How long is this going to take?”   - Kate

My fists are shaking.  Here comes a hill.  Ahhhh.  It goes up but it is not scary.  I shake a lot.  I heard everyone scream “Here comes another hill.”  - Paris

As I go down the extraordinarily fast roller coaster I scream like this “Ahhhhhhg.”   I get butterflies in my stomach.  It feels like I’m going to fall out because there is no seatbelt.  They must think we would not fall out.  Silly.  When it came to the end I was dizzy from going round and round those twists and turns!   - Abby

“Ah ah” I scream.  My knuckles are like a balloon.  My tummy is filled with butterflies.  The bars are surrounding me so the roller coaster doesn’t go off the edge.  I hope I don’t …..    - Regen

“Are you ready?”
“Yeah”
‘Here we go’ I say to myself.  “Aahhhh!!!  Wooah”  We go flying down the roller coaster and back up the other side.  
Yeah this isn’t as scary as I thought.  OK, finally a scary part.  I have butterflies in my tummy. Finally it’s over.  - William

Today I am going on a roller coaster.  I hope I won’t fly off.  It’s time to ride the roller coaster.  Well here I go.  I am going too fast.  Let me off!  What do I do if I want to get off?  I’ll just wait until the ride is over.  - Emma

As I am hopping on I get nervous.  My knuckles start to shake because I have never been on a roller coaster.  I am going down a steep hill.  My tummy starts to get sore.  We are nearly at the bottom.  I go “Yay”.  - Jenaya

As we start to roll down my hands are going quiver, quiver, quiver, shake, shake, shake - not only because I’m scared but because the roller coaster is going bumpety, bump, bump.  I’m hesitating as we go down the hill on the roller coaster.  I’m feeling dizzy as we go upside down.  It’s so good that in Australia all the rides are free.  As we stop I say to myself ‘I can’t wait to do it again.’ - Alex

A ginormous monster appears in front of my eyes.  One by one we get into a ginormous seat.  I go higher and higher until I touch the sky.  I take a glimpse of the view and I’m off.  I hear roaring coming from the roller coaster.  It goes on and on until the roaring of the roaring of the roller coaster stops.  - George
“AhAhgggh” as I go down a hill, then I go up, down and up again.  As I come around the corner I come to a stop.  Broken chain.  “Oh no.”   - Rubie

Here I go, up and down.  “Ah ah”.  I am going down.  I am getting worried.  Up the hill and down the hill.  When I stop everyone says “Was that scary?”
“Yes it was freaky.”   - Lucy S

Ahhhhh the wind’s in my face and my knuckles are clung onto the bars.  My face skin is blowing back and all I feel on my face bones is blood and veins.  Then suddenly I hesitate.  There is a giant drop beneath me and I’m out of my mind.  How on earth is this possible?  It is a dead end and there is no way out …. or is there?  - Lucy W

Ararh w’ere going up.  Yipee.  Woooah we’re going down.  I hesitate as we go up.  Suddenly, yikes it’s going down. - Toby

How do you feel?  I feel like I’m going to spew.  You know I would do that but I would not want to do the Giant Drop in Australia.  That is about 200m from the ground!  - Lucie

“Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!” I scream.  I want to get off.  My tummy is more like a flipping gymnast rather than a tummy.  Woah I plunge down and the wheels roll extremely fast.  Then.... Wooosh!!! up, up and up, slowing, down we go.  Finally the last hill.   “Weeeh so scary and fun” I say.  Dad breathes hard and shakes his head.  - Rylee

The man said “Here we go!”
Slow, slow, slow, slow then faster, faster, faster and faster.  Woosh we go on the bumpy track going so fast that I can’t breathe.  I’m holding on very tight and it looks like the man in the front doesn’t look very happy to be on this monster machine but I’m delighted that I have been on it once in my lifetime.  - Jessica


“Aaahh” I scream.  I’m going up and down.  This is boring.  If there was a loop-to-loop I would love it.  But there are no loops.  It’s boring.   - Max

“Ahhh!” everyone’s screaming.  That is the only thing I hear.  I’m not scared but other people are.  
“Man that was scary” I say.  - Hamish.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous08 June, 2012

    Wow Room 4! Terrific Quick Writes!! I have really enjoyed reading these tonight. It really did seem as though you had all gotten off the roller coaster and written about your experience. I can't believe you stuck to the time limit and it only took you 5 minutes to write these great pieces of writing - Keep up the amazing work, I can't wait to see what we can do on Monday, - Mrs May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Room 4! Great to read a wide variety of writing from the class. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete