Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dunstanza!! - Amazing Performance!!!!!


This afternoon we were exceptionally lucky to be visited by the amazing choir from Dunstan High School in Alexandra. They were on their way to 'The Big Sing' Choir competition in Dunedin, and stopped of to entertain our school as they made their way to the event.

They were an incredibly talented group of students who 'wowed' us with their music. They sung for us as a whole group, they sung solo's and duets. We were shown a phenomenal guitar solo. We were entertained by the school jazz band and a boys band. Their band/orchestra were extremely clever too, and their amazing performance has inspired all of the students and staff at Lawrence Area School. I am quite certain that many students, who sat in awe of the talent, will have fostered a new-found love of music and performance today.

The group finished their performance by showing us their 'set' that they have prepared for the competition tomorrow night. They had to sing a New Zealand song, and they had chosen a Maori song. They had to sing a classical piece, and they sung a beautiful song from Russia. Then they finished with their own rendition of the song 'Africa', which was accompanied by actions and was truly wonderful to watch.

It was an outstanding performance and the students of room 4 were 'buzzing' on their return to the classroom.

"I liked it because they must have been practising from the start of the year and they were all very talented especially in the Russian song." - Rubie


"I liked when they did the 'Pumped up Kids' song because that's one of my favourites." - Regen


"I thought that they were really really talented and really good at singing." - Connie


"I liked the whole thing because they were really good at singing." - Kate


"It seemed like they must have been singing before they were born because they were really good." - Rylee


"I liked the whole thing because they are talented and they are really good singers." - Mac


"I like the whole thing because they are very, very talented." - Abby


"I liked the whole thing because they were really good at playing the guitar." - Lucy S


"I liked all of it because they didn't make any mistakes." - William


"I was amazed at how many people there were and how good they were." - Lucie


"I like the song that they did last, Africa, because they did heaps of moves." - Jenaya


"I liked it when the girls sang 'Rolling in the deep' and one of the girls sounded like she was lip synching because she was so good, and Jason Shirley on the guitar was so good." - Alex


"I liked the part when the guy did solo instrumental on the guitar, he was amazing." - Jessica


"The last song was cool because they moved a lot." - Toby


"I liked how they sung four of my favourite songs and they had great timing." - Lucy


"I liked it how the boy came and howled in the Africa song." - Max

They certainly were a tremendous hit and we wish them all the very best for the competition tomorrow night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment