Friday, June 1, 2012

Downhill Skiing Quick Write


A sample of today's 5 minute Quick Writes....

Skids, races, leaps, echoes all around the mountain.  Whack.  I get stuck in the fence.  Wish, wash.  Everybody passes me.  The finish line is just in front of them.  But I just slide out of the fence.  I leap into the air and win the race.  “Wahoo” I say.  -  George

Slip, slop.  I slide down the mountain track.  Faster and faster I go.  It’s basically cold as five icebergs.  I hit a jump and I fly like a bird.  Can you fly like a bird?   Max

The wind’s in my face.  The crowd roars as I break the finish line.  It falls down to my knees.  And the crowd screams “316 wins.  Well done you have won your 100th win.” – Lucy W

I am the skier.  I go over the snow.  The snow says “Ahhh.  Don’t do that again.  It really hurts.”  - Lucy S

I am pounding to go.  Beep.  We’re off.  316 in the lead.  Yes.  Heading towards the finish line.  I fly like a bird on a jump.  Yes I win.  – Rubie

“3, 2, 1 GO.”  I’m skiing as hard as possible.  As hard as I ever had.  I’m coming in first place but not for long.  Number 218 is catching up but he doesn’t know what he’s in for....  Here comes a jump.  3, 2, 1 jump.  WIPEOUT!  Oh no.  I wiped out!  Now 218 is in front.  I step up my game....  YES I WON!   - Alex

Vroom!  I sped down the slope like a rocket. My heart started pounding.  I could hear 4 skiers gaining on me.  Ah!  A sharp turn was ahead of me and a cliff!  Snow splattered in their faces when I drifted round the corner and fell down the cliff.... CRUSH!  All my bones break as they all fall off the cliff onto me.  I fall into a deep sleep....  – Mac

Stab and woosh.  I fly through the air.  Being one of the poles of 316 is amazing.  Every second I touch the bitterly cold snow and then fling into the air and over a magnificent jump.  Whee, crash!  I tumble into the frozen snow.  I feel like an ice block.  Clang.  I hit the other pole for a miniature second until we’re both whizzing through the air.  Cheers roar when I push into the ground one last time for this race.  316 has sewn up first place in the Winter Olympics.  Without me he would not have won.  - Rylee

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20 June, 2012

    Wow i can't belive how mant people won!!!!
    Rylee

    ReplyDelete