Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hoar Frost Quick Writes

   
Today's inspiration for Quick Writes came from Sunday morning's hoar frost.  We were motivated this morning by not one, but four pictures.  Here are a selection of our Quick Writes....

Icy icicles lay on the log looking like thistles.  Hoar frost on the spider webs looking so beautiful.  Lots of hoar frost everywhere – on the trees, ground, fence posts and wire.  White, white and white everywhere -  no colours to see.  – Jessica

Brrrr.  I woke up, looked out the window and said “Mum, I don’t want to go to school.”   It’s like a snow storm that has just been hit by Jack Frost!!!  - Rubie

I look outside the window and all I see is heaps of trees covered with hoar frost.  There’s spider webs hanging.  It looks like fluffy string.  The ground looks like snow and ice.  I wish I was outside. – Connie

“It’s a hoar frost Mum.  Look at the spider web and fence.  Can I go outside?  Please.  I really want to go out.  Please Mum, please.”
“Yes you can.  Just be careful. Don’t get hurt.” – Paris


Shiver, shiver, shiver.  Shake, shake, shake.  Quiver, quiver, quiver.  Quake, quake, quake.  I’m walking through the hoar frost.  My teeth chatter like a tractor’s engine.  I’m still walking through then...  – Lucy W

Look.  It’s a hoar frost.  Wow, look at that log and the trees.  They look like they’re made out of snow. The grass is like tall thin snowmen. – William  


WOW!  “It’s cold today” I say to myself as I walk down to the bus stop.  As I’m walking down I hear Mum shout  “There is no school today.  Your principal just rang.” – Lucie

A log covered with hoar frost.  It looks like a white thistle.  Spider webs twinkle around in the sun.  Fences sprinkled with frost.  The trees are as white as snow.  A motorbike races down the road.  Up further ahead he can see lots of frost.  He thinks it is snow.  – Abby

As the frost gets stronger and stronger, I get colder and my body gets weaker.  I go as slow as a penguin as frost freezes me together with the ground.  I put one foot into the freezing cold grass. I take a deep breath and tumble down the frosty hill. – George

Wow!  There’s a lot of frost that looks like snow.  The spider web is looking like a trap with snow. 
“I wonder if you can make a frostman?” the children ask.  No you can’t because it would melt.  – Hamish

Brrrr it’s freezing cold outside!!! Wait a minute.  It’s a hoar frost.  Everything is white as snow.  The cobwebs are like they were made from white party spray.  A log has spikes in it and there is nothing in the middle of them.  That’s amazing!! If I were you I would stay off the road!! – Alex

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous22 June, 2012

    Well done Rm 4.....we got to see alot of hoar frost on our way home from Mossburn last weekend, Jess & I were so gutted I didnt have my camera with as there were some spectacular scenes....and it was only 2 degrees in Gore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work room 4 by emma

    ReplyDelete