Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Glacier Tunnel - Quick Write


Rumble and grumble as I slowly crouch down on my knees. My face is frozen like an icicle stick. My pick helps me dig through the glacier. It’s like a hydro-slide.
Regen

“Ouch,” I said as I got pricked by an icicle like a thistle. Brrr, luckily I had gloves on. Ahah! That was very cold!
Rubie

'Ouch,' I say to myself. Why do I have to get pricked by sharp metal? I'm getting really sore with all of your crew mates standing on me. I feel like I'm going to sink! With the boat dragged up on top of me as well as the crew.
Kate

'Ow.' Somebody just dug an axe through me. They dig harder and harder, until they fall on their tummy so they can dig down further. Here he comes again, slipping and sliding, side to side, up and down, and even around and around! Here I can now get my boat down because I have reached the sea. "Yay! But Brr!"
Abby

Bang, bang, thump. I'm going through the glacier. As I look down, down, down through the glacier it looks like a tunnel or a hydro-slide. As I dig through, the ice begins to break on top of me. Now I think I'm going to die. I quickly scamper out of the glacier. Then I say to myself "I'm never going in a glacier again."
Connie

As I start mining with my pick axe, I thought about making the ice tunnel a hydro-slide just because I had a bucket. I heard the ice cracking behind me. I held my breath. Boom! I opened one eye and saw I was in a dark, damp place. I looked behind me and I could see Big Foot's feet approaching..... ROAR!!!!!!!!!
Mac

Brr, shiver, shake. It’s an icy, snowy morning today. My hands, toes and feet are frozen and I think I got frost-bite making a big tunnel with my ice pick. Hit, hit, hit, hit, hitting the walls with the ice pick. Moulding the tunnel and making it flat at the end, making it like a hydro-slide. Wheeeeeeeeee, sliding to the left and the right, having so much fun in the tunnel!
Jessica

Boom, bash, biff, ow, ouch! Why did I offer to go glacier climbing? I’m so stupid. Oh no. I have to get out of here quickly. I can hear a water flow coming down. I’m halfway down now then suddenly I hear a WHOOSH. What’s going to happen now...?
Lucy W


Am I going to go down the glacier? I guess so. I am so scared my bones could come out of my body. I yelled, “It’s dark in here!” As I crawled in the glacier it was dark and scary.
Emma


Brrr. It’s cold. I’ve got to fight through snow like solid rock. It’s a tunnel of snow. The air’s getting thicker as I go further and further. My fingers are numb and I have gloves.
William


No comments:

Post a Comment