Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mountain Biking - Quick Writes

As I was bouncing down the mountain track it started to get bumpy and, worst of all, a steep hill was in front of me. I drifted around the corner and went through a dip. The corners were even sharper now! I grinded on the edge of the cliff...
Mac

I jump and bump on rocks and logs. I’ve been racing for hours. I’m in the lead. I’m nearly at the finish line. “Come, on, come on!” people at the sideline say. The finish line is right in front of me. I go into full gear. I take a breath and i win the race. Cheers and shouts echo for miles and miles.
George

Beep! Everyone is pouring onto the track like a cheetah. Zoom, zoom, zoom! Here I come, up a hill. Puff, puff, puff. Yeah, I’m winning. I win.
Rubie


Smack, bang! I’m tumbling down like a ball. Oh no! Prickles. I wonder if my family know where I am. I try to get back to the top but I’m caught in a vine.
Lucie

It’s hard work biking. Bump, bump, bump goes my tyres. When I go so fast I fall off. Then I nearly fall down the cliff.
Paris


Bump, bump, bump. Ow! The rocks are killing me because the seat is skinny so I stood up because there are rocks everywhere to be seen around me. I have to go on this track again because it is only training.
Jenaya

As I jump onto my bike I go clang, bang, clatter. I try to get my control back. “Ahhh,” I can’t steer, it is so bumpy. I am going on another track. “Oh no,” I say in my head “I now have been training for one hour. Grrr.” My muscles are sore. I have got the stitch. One of my tyres is flat. “Oh no.”
Abby


I am biking down the hill. I start to go. The bumps make me go up and down. Up and down I go. I’m about to lose control. “Ahhh!” I do. Up and down I go.
Lucy S

Pedal, pedal. Push, push. Puff, puff, I go as I’m slowly going up the big hill. I’m so hot and bothered. I’m slowly getting up the big hill. When I try to go fast I can’t because the track is too small and the track is really rocky. I’m pushing so hard on my pedals. I feel like I’m going to fade away.
Connie

Bump, bump, bump. I’m biking on a mountain. I hate going up and down. At least it isn’t raining. I wish I never came to the mountain after all.
Emma

As I huff and puff I say to myself ‘Do I really have to do this? Because this is getting really tiring.’ As I slowly make it to the top on the lumpy track I get closer to the finish line. Each pedal I take gets me much closer to the finish line and I cross the finish line. I say out loud,
“I have won the race!”
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment